Presenters: Bucky Dodd, Andrea Stone University of Central Oklahoma
Abstract: One of the more innovative and evolving strategies in elearning instructional design is the use of scenario-based learning techniques. This session describes characteristics of scenario-based elearning and explores best practices for designing and developing scenario-based elearning content. Participants attending this session will have access to free resources and templates for creating scenario-based elearning.
- Explore the use of branching in scenarios using PowerPoint
- Examine how the techniques and images can be used in CoSS EBL multimedia resource development
- PPT can be the basis of multimedia EBL triggers
- Scenario based learning comparison table (development, maintenance, financial investment and connection to actual experience (very useful as a starting point)
- A fantastic example: http://cpdeconnect.pbworks.com/f/PPT_Scenario_v01.swf PPT in disguise!!!
- Use with Leadership EBL trigger as well as VI Module 3