Abstract: Explore challenges facing the sector in relation to assuring quality whilst also enabling quality enhancement and innovation through technology enhanced learning (TEL). We will be exploring the unsolved problems and trying to identify some of the unknown issues. Technologies impact on all aspects of the learning process, including teaching, assessment and communication. In light of changes in technologies and the changing role of e-learning within higher education, guidance and policies associated with quality assurance and quality enhancement of technology enhanced learning (TEL) need to be considered and reviewed.
The day will include; a keynote address from Ingeborg Bø, a member of the Board of Directors of European Foundation for Quality in E-learning (EFQUEL); presentations from project teams who have been evaluating the QAQE toolkit (‘A Toolkit for Harnessing Quality Assurance Processes for Technology Enhanced Learning’), and a presentation from members of the University of Hertfordshire who will guide delegates through the development of their law course from face-to-face to distance learning. The day will conclude with a panel debate on future agendas.
- Examine resources available to support the QA&E process for Technology Enhanced Learning
- Toolkit for Harnessing Quality Assurance Processes for Technology Enhanced Learning provides a framework and a set of tools
- Designed to address the broad continuum of patterns of modes of study in TEL courses from blended courses to fully online distance courses
- Toolkit is useful to access in bite sized chunks as and when aspects are required. Needs a lot more examples and to be truly effective – senior management support at College and Institutional level
- Use and adapt aspects of the toolkit at local level